Parfitt Papers – Box 2
This material relates to the Kitsilano Citizens’ Committee and the Kitsilano Mental Health Project, and runs from 1973 to 1974.
1. Official document on the different projects that created jobs under the Local Employment Assistance Program, MPA included. Mental Health affiliated projects marked with X’s. January 10, 1974
3. 3. Kitsilano Mental Project Meeting Flyer. Aim of the meeting was “to discuss the citizen’s role in mental health”. May 1973.
5. Questionnaire to be used by the Kitsilano Community Board on Mental Health Services. Asks for citizens priorities on mental health topics. May 1973.
6. Minutes of a meeting of Kitsilano Citizens Committee of the Greater Vancouver Mental Health Project. Discussed topics include budget changes, housing, publicity. July 3, 1973.
7. Hand-written notes from a Co-ordinating Committee Meeting on June 26, no year. Discusses Crisis Hostels and planning and research teams.
8. Minutes of Meeting by the Kitsilano Citizens Committee on Mental Health. Discussed topics include budget, research groups and expansion of Personnel Committee. July 30, 1973
9. Minutes of Kitsilano Committee on Mental Health. Discusses a job description for a Community Mental Health Worker, budget, internal meetings and setting up a storefront operation. August 13, no year
10. Hand-written notes of Sept. 10, 1973 meeting at Kitsilano Community Center. Topics include recommendations for committee structure, election results and housing report.
11. Kitsilano Area Resources Association Newsletter, April 1973. Main subject: Electoral Reform. Contains various status reports and info on projects incl. Community Mental Health Team meetings.
12. Pamphlet for Citizens Organize for Mental Health information meeting on July 24, 1973. Includes information on mental health services, treatment principles, budget and mental health issues.
13. Resolutions for General Meeting of Burrard NDP. Includes several resolutions submitted by the Mental Patients Association (MPA). September 5, 1973.
15. Around Kitsilano. Newsletter by the Kits Area Resources Association. Includes major article on Kits Mental Health community action works. July 1973.
16. Around Kitsilano. Newsletter by the Kits Area Resources Association. Topics include housing crisis, local area planning and changes to municipal elections system. October 1973.
17. Around Kitsilano. Newsletter by the Kits Area Resources Association. Topics include meeting schedules, Broadway planning, and high-rise apartments.
18. Around Kitsilano. Newsletter by the Kits Area Resources Association. Includes article on Kits Mental Health with the budget hitting a snag. August 1973.
19. Around Kitsilano. Newsletter by the Kits Area Resources Association. Includes article on the Citizen Committee on Mental Health about being closed by the Provincial Health Minister. March 1974.